2. Stephani, Maria C
1. Brust, Klara
Halfmann, Matthias 1 2 3
- Born: Jun 4, 1762, Bruchhausen, , Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany
- Marriage (1): Brust, Klara
- Marriage (2): Stephani, Maria C on Feb 7, 1781 in Welcherath, , Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany
- Died: Jun 16, 1828, Bruchhausen, , Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany at age 66
Matthias married Klara Brust.
Sent: Friday, August 15, 2008 4:39 AM
To: Brian Meyers
Subject: AW: E-copies of Meyer Ancestors
this is very shure your family in Germany!!
However, there are some new questions:
1. The marriage in 1825 shows very clear: Michael Mayer marries Maria Elisabeth Halfmann as daughter of Mathias Halfmann oo Maria Stephani.
2. In 1826, and 1827 we find this couple as parents of two children.
3. In 1829 we have "Anna Gertrud" Halfmann as mother.
4. About 1832 we have a child Catharina. She is documented on the ship list 1852, and in the Allscheid emigrant documents. No birth record found so far.
5. 1834 and 1839 the mother is called "Anna Maria" Halfmann.
I think the following might be true:
Michael Mayer married in 1825 Maria Elisabeth Halfmann, born 20 Feb 1794, d.o. Mathias Halfman and Maria Stephani.
About 1827 Maria Elisabeth died, and Mathias remarried Anna Maria Halfmann, born 10 Mar 1805, d.o. Mathias Halfman and Klara Brust. This says, Mathias Halfman had remarried, too. And Anna Gertrud in 1829 is wrong - should read Anna Maria (!???).
It was very common in those days, that a man remarried very quickly after his wife died ( and vice versa ). And in many cases they remarried a sister of her deceased wife. So the theory might be true...
I will try to get more documents to proof this or to find the correct version!
Matthias next married Maria C Stephani, daughter of Nicholas Stephani and Margaretha Gross, on Feb 7, 1781 in Welcherath, , Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany. (Maria C Stephani was born on Mar 15, 1761 in Welcherath, , Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany and died on Jun 24, 1835 in Reimerath, , Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany.)